The Server/Data Center to Cloud migration of the MultiExcerpt macro can be performed without any loss of service for your macros on your Server or Cloud instances.
The MultiExcerpt macros have different names on Cloud than they do on Server/Data Center. For example, the "multiexcerpt" macro on Server/Data Center is "multiexcerpt-macro" on Cloud. In addition, the macros have a few parameters whose names need to be changed.
You will perform a migration with no loss of service on your Server/Data Center by enabling app/macro modules (on Server/Data Center) that use the MultiExcerpt macro names for MultiExcerpt-Cloud.
Enabling these app modules will allow you to rename your MultiExcerpt macros (on Server/Data Center) by editing them in your Confluence Storage Format XML (SFXML) representation of your pages. During this renaming process the MultiExcerpt macros will work on your Server/Data Center while using either the Server/Data Center or the Cloud macro names. After the renaming is completed for all pages you can migrate your pages from Server/Data Center to Cloud. The pages are immediately ready for service on your Cloud instance.
Note: there is no Cloud equivalent of the Server/Data Center macro for MultiExcerpt Enhanced Permissions so you will need to think about your strategy for Cloud excerpting of restricted resources before you do this migration.
- Migrating MultiExcerpt from Server to Cloud
- Migrating MultiExcerpt from Server to Cloud385778301
- Related Articles
- Differences between the Server/, Data Center, and Cloud MultiExcerpt App
On your SERVER/DATA CENTER: enable the MultiExcerpt modules for MultiExcerpt macros with Cloud names
- Navigate to 'Manage apps'
- Confluence Admin > Manage apps
- Expand the section for your Multiexcerpt plugin
- Expand the 'modules' section within the Multiexcerpt plugin section
- Enable these two modules to turn on the macro names that will be used in Cloud:
Note: there is no Cloud equivalent of the Server/Data Center macro for MultiExcerpt Enhanced Permissions
- Leave these two modules enabled, they use the Server/Data Center macro names and will allow you to continue to use both names on your Server/Data Center instance during the migration effort:
- Navigate to 'Manage apps'
On your SERVER/DATA CENTER: search/replace the Server/Data Center macro names to replace with Cloud macro names in the page Storage Format markup. Also search/replace the PageWithExcerpt and MultiExcerptName macro parameters to use the Cloud names.
Search For Replace With "multiexcerpt" "multiexcerpt-macro" "multiexcerpt-include" "multiexcerpt-include-macro" "PageWithExcerpt" "page" "MultiExcerptName" "name"
- Migrate your content from Server/Data Center to Cloud
Atlassian has some guidance on the licensing policies for migrations here: Transfer your self-hosted license to cloud
See the section entitled "App licenses". The policy for app licenses is that there is no transfer or credit from Server/Data Center towards a Cloud license (sorry).
Application vendors rely on Atlassian for licensing and purchasing, for which Atlassian charges a percentage of the license fee. We are always happy to hear feedback on licensing policies but be aware that they are set and controlled by Atlassian and that feedback given directly to them about their policies is probably the best way to get it heard by the folks who set the policies.
|Content by Label|